- 1 beef flank steak (approx. 1 1⁄2 pounds)
- Lime slices (optional)
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 c fresh cilantro, lightly packed
- 3 T reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T jalapeno sauce or 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄4 t ground cumin
- Soak twelve 10 or 12-inch wooden skewers in enough water to cover 10 minutes; drain.
- Place garlic in blender container. Cover; process, pulsing on and off, until garlic is finely chopped.
- Add remaining marinade ingredients; process until mixture is blended.
- Trim fat from beef steak. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In medium bowl, combine beef and marinade; toss to coat. Marinate 10 minutes.
- Thread an equal amount of beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer.
- Place beef on grid and grill, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- Season with salt, as desired.
- Garnish with lime and cilantro sprigs, if desired.